Countdown to NODE
things we overheard
- 1. The NODE FEST IDENT competition (“the competition”) celebrates the best of Motion Graphics and
Animation from Down Under (Australia and New Zealand).
- 2. Participants are invited to submit a 15 second animated video ident that MUST include:
a The NODE logo
b The 2017 theme of DOTS
- 3. There are two categories:
a. Best Ident (Professionals)
b. Best Ident (Student)
- 4. There are three prizes.
a. Best Ident wins a license of Cinema 4D Studio from Maxon/Adimex
b. Best Student Ident wins a license of XParticles3 and training videos from helloluxx
c. A random prize will be drawn for voting participants. (Prize TBC)
- 5. Entries open May 17, 2017 and close midnight AEST September 1, 2017
- 6. Entry is via the NODEFest Facebook page at https://www.nodefest.com.au/idents
- 7. Entry to the Competition is open to Australian and New Zealand residents only, or anyone currently studying or working in Australia and New Zealand in the fields of design and animation.Voting on the entries is open to anyone in the world.
- 8. Students, Professionals, Teams and Studios from Australia and New Zealand may enter.
- 9. There is no entry fee and participants may enter as many times as they like.
- 10. Technical:
a. Entries may use any form of video or animation techniques whether analog or digital.
b. The preferred format is 1920 x 1080 (16 x 9) at 25 frames per second.
c. All video submissions must be in the form of Vimeo or Youtube video(s) submitted via URLs; no other format will be accepted.
d. All video submissions must be high resolution (we may ask you for an uncompressed HD copy for display at the festival)
e. Video(s) must be exactly 15 seconds in length.
- 11. All entries are subject to approval. NODE Festival directors reserve the right to refuse any entries that don’t adhere to the set criteria or are deemed inappropriate for any reason.
- 12. The Entrant warrants to NODE Festival that their entry does not infringe on any rights, including copyright and third party, and that the Entrant has obtained all necessary releases and permissions to enter their submission.
- 13. The Entrant confirms that you have granted NODE Festival the right to publicly exhibit your ident and that NODE Festival will take all care but no responsibility for your ident while in the possession of the Festival.We also confirm that if accepted into the festival, you grant NODE Festival the right to publicly promote your ident in all festival promotional materials, as appropriate.
- 14. The winning entries will be announced at NODE Fest on November 17, 2017 at ACMI Cinemas in Melbourne.
- 15. Judging will be based on public votes (50%) and votes from the NODE Festival Judges (50%).
- 16. By entering the Competition the Entrant agrees to the above-mentioned Terms and Conditions.
> NODE 2016 Highlights >
Eight speakers, massive insights, inspiration galore, free beer and nibblies – this is a taste of Node version 1.0
> NODE 2016 SESSIONS >
Hit rewind and catch up on sessions from our experts at Node 2016